Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Decision Making

Wow, life decisions are hard to make at times. I wrestle with factors such as wanting to do the "right" thing, the "smart," economical, efficient way to do things, then I also have to consider how it might affect others around me both positively and/or negatively, weigh out the costs and benefits, then sit down and figure out simply if the desire is mine or God's....wow, so much thought and process goes into the art of decision making.

I think I tend to give myself a headache this way...I wish sometimes that I am more of a simplistic person when it comes to these things. In terms of God's will, people say that even if you end up making the "wrong" decision, God's purpose will still prevail at the end. Does that really give me peace knowing that or do I want to do it right the first time? (haha, corporate America has corrupted my thought process)

Proverbs 3:5-6 says, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart. Lean not on your own understanding. Acknowledge Him in all your ways and He will make your paths straight."

Please pray for me that I will have peace to make the decisions which will glorify God the most even if it means putting my plans on hold for the moment.

"In his heart, a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps." - Prov. 16:9

"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" - Matt. 6:27

It's interesting how certain Bible verses come to mind as I quiet myself before God.

No comments:

Post a Comment